Ugift is an easy, free-to-use service that lets family and friends make the meaningful gift of money into your DC College Savings Plan account. Saving for college can take a village, and Ugift makes it easy to get help from your network of family and friends. Instead of giving toys, clothes or other traditional gifts that a child will outgrow, gift givers can get the satisfaction of knowing that their generosity can make a lasting impression.
- Hassle-free. Gift contributions can be made online or by check. The contributions are coded to go into your DC College Savings Plan account, so there's no extra paperwork for you.
- Secure. Unlike many other gifting programs, gift givers do not have to join, register or pay a service fee.
- Popular. Thousands of families have already received nearly $400 million in gift contributions through Ugift.
How does Ugift work?
After you open a DC College Savings Plan account, you can opt in to Ugift at any time through your online account access area. Once opted in, you will be given a unique Ugift code specific to your account's beneficiary. You can then share your Ugift code with family and friends.
You can share your code any way you want:
- Log in to your account to take advantage of Ugift's email, Facebook, and Twitter invitation features
- Share over the phone or in person
- Include printable Ugift coupons in mailed invitations
- You could even find a way to reach beyond your own personal network and harness the power of crowdsourcing
Your invitation can be tied to a specific occasion, or just a general appeal for help reaching your higher education goals. Need ideas? Find them at Ugift529.com.
Once your family and friends have your Ugift code in hand, they can use it to make their gift contribution at Ugift529.com whenever they want. The code is valid for the life of your account, but you can opt out of Ugift at any time.
Open a DC College Savings Plan account to start using Ugift.
College Savings: Easy to give, hard to wrap.
Ugift turns an ordinary gift into an opportunity to help a college dream come true. Still, it is not easy to wrap. So, if you want to have something for the child to physically open, these printable gift certificates are a great option.
If you would like to use Ugift to receive gift contributions for your own beneficiary, open your own DC College Savings Plan account.