Phishing Scam Alert
The DC College Savings Plan does not initiate contact with clients by email, text, or social media messages to request financial information or prompt clients to log into accounts via a website due to unauthorized activity. Please do not respond to such messages and contact us at 800.987.4859 (for DC residents) or 800.368.2745 (for non-DC residents) to report any suspicious activity.
Welcome to the DC College Savings Plan
DC College Savings Plan—a “section-529” plan—is designed to help everyone save, regardless of income or investment experience. And when you start saving for college may be even more important than how much you save, because even small sums can grow over time. You may save enough to pay for all of your child’s college costs, or you may use the DC College Savings Plan account to supplement financial aid and loans. Either way, the DC College Savings Plan makes your job easier.
The DC College Savings Plan is
- Convenient. Contribute by check, automatic deposit, or payroll deduction.
- Affordable. Open an account with as little as $25 per month (through automatic deposit).
- Tax-advantaged. You won't pay federal income tax on the money you save in the Plan or on withdrawals for qualified expenses like tuition or room and board. And DC residents get special tax benefits; they can deduct up to $4,000 per year in Plan contributions.
- Socially responsible. The DC College Savings Plan is the only 529 plan in the country to offer a full range of sustainable and responsible investments (SRI), so you can invest in companies that are committed to corporate social responsibility.
Choose an investment option that's right for you
The DC College Savings Plan offers three types of investments:
- Age-based portfolios
- Single fund investments
- Stability of principal investment
Enroll in the DC College Savings Plan
Open an account. It's secure and it takes less than 15 minutes!
Use the College Savings Calculator
Our Calculator helps you build a monthly savings plan, predict expenses per year, or predict costs per child (for up to four children).